This flavour combination was originally one I had cooked before as a risotto, but as much as I love risotto it just takes far too long to cook with a lot of attention. So with orzo I find you get the same sort of texture as risotto so decided to try it this way, here’s how I did it . . .
1. On a low heat cook the peppers in a pan/wok with frylight and garlic.
2. About half way through add your sundried tomatoes ( I drained mine from the oil and made sure to pat off any excess).
3. Remove the peppers and tomatoes from the pan while you cook the pieces of chicken. These can then be returned to the pan once the chicken has browned.
4. Add your dry orzo pasta and mix with the chicken, peppers and tomatoes.
Like this so your orzo is coated in all the juices from the pan.
5. Add frozen peas and boiling hot water, stir and bring to the boil, then reduce the temperature and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stirring occasionally and adding more hot water if needed.
6. Once the water has completely reduced and the orzo is cooked stir in some parmesan cheese, season and serve.
So yummy, filling and syn free for you slimming worlders out there.
I know I am bad with not giving you actual measurements but I just judge it by eye.
Hope you enjoy this!