Tonight the other half and I made this delicious Spanish Chicken and Beans recipe we found online. I thought I would share it with you all as it was delicious and also because it will be easy for me to find when we want to make it again.
- 600g chicken thighs
- 125g skinned and sliced chorizo
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1tbsp red pesto (or sun-dried tomato paste)
- 410g can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- A few thyme sprigs
- 1tsp smoked paprika
Method (how to make it)
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan. Add the chicken thighs skin-side down, skinned and sliced chorizo and onion. Cook the chicken for 5 mins without turning it over to allow the skin to brown, but stir the onion and chorizo.
- Turn the chicken over and add the red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks, a large garlic clove, peeled and chopped, red pesto (or sun-dried tomato paste), cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, hot chicken stock and a few thyme sprigs.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on top of the chicken. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 mins, until chicken is tender.