This recipe was one my mum had in her many cook books and is my Great Aunt Joan’s recipe. I remember mum used to make these for us when we were younger and they were delicious.
They are really easy to make and so tasty, definitely one to bake and impress everyone with! It’s always the old recipes that are the best and as you can see this is an old recipe.
- 8oz of crushed digestive biscuits
- 3-4oz of melted margarine
- 1oz Demerara sugar
- 3oz of chopped walnuts
- 2oz of flaked almonds
- 3oz of chopped cherries (I don’t really like cherries so I did 2oz cherries and 1oz sultanas)
- 1 small tin of condensed milk
1. Melt together the margarine and sugar, crush the biscuits and add them together.
2. Pour the biscuit mix onto a shallow tray and press down so it covers the sheet and is level.
3. Chop up the walnuts and cherries and place them in a bowl with the flaked almonds and in my case sultanas too, and mix together. Then pour and spread into your biscuit base.
4. Once everything is spread out evenly and the biscuit base is covered partly open the condensed milk.
5. Drizzle the condensed milk all over the fruit and nuts.
6. Place in the oven at 130oC and bake for 15-20 mins.
7. When baked remove from oven and leave to cool. Once cooled cut into squares and serve.
Hope you try them out and enjoy them!