Definitely one of my quickest and easiest Halloween baking recipes and absolutely perfect for the kids. The only real adult involvement is the melting of chocolate, then let the kids go wild with the rest. You can also decide on what ever chocolate or toppings you want, there is no right or wrong, but I am going to show you what we used and the process of how you do it.
- 300g chocolate for the main bit of the ‘bark’ (pick whatever you like best, I used 200g milk mixed with 100g dark)
- 100g chocolate for the drizzle (we picked white chocolate for this)
For your toppings there are no real measurements, but on as many or as little as you want. Just remember not to pile your toppings on too much, you’ll not see the chocolate.
- Popcorn (we picked sweet and salted)
- Rainbow drops
- Mini marshmallows
- Edible eyes (we got ours in Asda)
- Edible Halloween decorations (I think I picked up ours in B&M)
Those were the toppings we chose and scattered on our melted chocolate, but pick what ones your kids like or what you have lying about the house. Even try to make it a little healthy if you want with nuts and raisins or dried fruit.
Like it said, this is so quick and easy and all you need is a tray and some grease proof paper.
- Cover a tray with grease proof paper
- Melt your chocolate, as you can see in the photos below I melted mine in a bowl over hot water, but you can do it in a microwave if you want (I tend not to, because the chocolate can burn easily when melted in the microwave)
3. Once your ‘base chocolate’ (the milk and dark in our case) has melted pour it on your tray and spread it out evenly
4. Once the chocolate has been evenly spread out start adding your toppings
5. Once you’ve added all you toppings, use a spoon to drizzle over the white chocolate.
6. Put your tray into the fridge to set your chocolate for about 30 mins – 1 hr (this all depends on your fridge temperature, ours is really cold so it was set in 30 mins)
7. Once your chocolate bark is set and hard break up into pieces and serve. Then of course, eat away!